Tuesday 20 April 2010

Booooooootiful

I just have to show you the gorgeous dinner service I bought last week in a charity shop. I spent a lot more than I usually spend in a CS, but this is so perfect for the cottage in France. I had been saying to my DH only a couple of weeks ago, that it was about time we replaced the cheap and cheerful modern crockery we bought right at the beginning, with something more suitable. And there it was, beautifully set up on a table, six place settings, meat platter, gravy boat and vegetable dish, beckoning me to come over and ooh and ahhh. And ooh and aaah I sure did. You all know by now that I love anything with roses/flowers on, so how could I possibly resist this dinner service? Isn't it just the prettiest thing?

I am only going to show one place setting, because I was in the middle of packing it all up carefully, ready to take to France soon, when I remembered to take the photos.




Sauce boat-

on the meat platter-

Vegetable dish-

Place setting -

I am so looking forward to have our friends round for dinner and using these.

My crafting seems to have suffered somewhat since coming back from France, and I did get the well deserved kick up the butt from a dear blogger friend, Diane, from Diane Knott's Musings , to get a move on! I didn't manage much, but at least I managed something, lol, a tag to go with a customer's purchase, and a couple of tiny price tags. Playing around with those, because I want to use some for my products and vintage/antique stuff. I know its very little really, but its a start and I will make some more things today. I had a town walk with a bunch of German school kids again this morning so I only have this afternoon. And I have blogs to read. And if you saw my blog list, lol, you would understand that it can take some time, lol.

Anyhoo, here are my feeble efforts -



The weather is still holding up very nicely, and the blue skies and fairly warm sunshine make me want to spend more time outside rather than inside. I even went on my DH's regular doggie walk in the Firehills with him the other day. I'll post some pics from the walk tomorrow, don't want to bore you senseless with more stuff today, but I'll leave you with one photo of my gorgeous babies. Because I love them -

25 comments:

Michela said...

Dear Lizzie...don't you think that "beautiful" sounds a bit reductive for your amazing dinner set????????????????!!!!
xxx

Elizabethd said...

What a perfect diner service....um, when will you be serving dinner on it in France??

sadie said...

that is utterly gorgeous. I am always griping that I never find bargains in charity shops, but that has a huge amount to do with the fact that I very rarely venture into them!!! Wrap it carefully! :O) xx

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

What a wonderful find!!! Such a beautiful set, I love it! Car boots are still great places to find things.

Long may this beautiful weather last. ;-))

Warm wishes
Isabelle x

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

What a great find, Liz! This is gorgeous, I love that beautiful pattern.
Have a wonderful evening!
Hugs,
Julia

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Whow...you had a very lucky day.
Love this fantastic dinner-service. Enjoy it!!!

Rebecca said...

Lovely dinner service, that's just gorgeous!! What a great find :-)

Serenata said...

What a fabulous find! That dinner set is just perfect!

harmony and rosie said...

The dinner service is gorgeous, lucky you. I'm not surprised you're so pleased but then again, you always come up with goodies from the CS or boot sales! How about swapping it for our cardboard box - perhaps you could take that to France instead?!

Kate x

LissyLou said...

wow, what a lucky lovely find!!

Kelly said...

OOOOh! That is a gorgeous dinner service! What a lucky find!
That will be just perfect for your French hideaway!

Croap Queen said...

Very pretty, and so you. Tags are pretty lovely too :-)

JJ

Tina said...

What a beautiful find Liz. It sure will look so pretty in your french cottage.
xo Tina

Helsie said...

I love your dinner set too and it looks like you managed to get everything that goes with it. It is nice when everything goes together and fits with the whole look of your cottage isn't it?
Cheers
Helen

Gerry said...

Lucky LuLuLiz!!! So glad you found such a beautiful dinner set. You tags are so pretty too.

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Your china set is just STUNNING! I love it!

Dorthe said...

Liz,
this is the most beautifull, flowered set of dinner ware,I have seen, it is wonderfull, and to think that everything is there, ,Oh how lovely -what a fantastic buy,you did.I could not have resisted eighter.
And love your tags,big,and small-the blue lil ones are so sweet-and dear,with the flower in the corner.

Have a wonderfull evening,dear.
Hugs,Dorthe

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

I love your dishes, they are so gorgeous. I would enjoy seeing those in my kitchen cupboard for sure.

hugs
Sissie

Debby said...

WOW!!! Your new dinnerware set is so gorgeous!!! Great find!
Debby

Lori said...

that is a totally gorgeous set of china...what a truly wonderful find!!!

{oc cottage} said...

Oh! Gorgeous china!

m ^..^

Anne Lorys said...

Your tags are just wonderful, I love them!

And what a lovely dinner service, that's quite a good find!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Anne

m said...

omg that dinner set is just adorable!!!

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

I am soooooooo envious of that dinner service it truly is beautiful!

Victoria xx

Mom E. said...

These dishes are so pretty Liz, I simply love the covered vegtable dish...I was just wishing the other day that my dinner set had a covered bowl. I have some covered soup bowls, but they are a one serving bowl each. I have a few tureens but they are larger than I want to use....oh....wait! I have one I made for my mother! I forgot, it is in my craf.....workroom! I am getting better at calling my room a more refined space..... ;)!
I have some canisters that have lids, but I cannot understand why they did not produce a covered serving dish...ANd I love all your tags, again...I love that I have one of your little square tags....well, Joslyn has it, you wrote a note to her on it so I couldn't claim it as my own!
Heart hugs!
Betsy