Sunday 7 November 2010

Oh yes, I can show you now!

You all know that I got a little bit excited about the swap I was doing with Alexandra ( well, it was more a case of totally bonkers, over the top excited, lol ). We both sent our parcels off on Tuesday, and mine landed on her door step on Saturday, yay, yippee, woohoo! I am always nervous when I am sending things, afraid of them getting lost in the post, you know. So I was delighted when she sent me the loveliest email telling me it had arrived. Now what happened to the legendary German efficiency, eh? Alexandra's package hasn't arrived yet, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

But it means that I can finally show you the things I sent her in our French themed swap. We had decided that we would make a bag and fill it with bits and pieces. Ah. Me making a bag? I had made a bag once with my grandmother when I was about 14 years old, that would be about 40 years ago, lol. I didn't have a clue how to make a lined bag. I just couldn't get my head around it. I learn much better by watching then by reading, so I decided to try youtube videos. I found one, in about 14 1 1/2 minute installments, all over the place and in no particular order, rofl, so it took me all day to watch the instructions a couple of times. It didn't help that my computer is upstairs and my sewing machine downstairs, lol, I must have traipsed up and down the stairs 50 times. But a bag I did make in the end -


I made it with a beautiful old French damask ticking fabric, and lined with another striped ticking fabric -

I scanned this postcard of a beautiful French lady (from my collection), it even has a French stamp on it!

For me, that was the scariest part over and done with, I breathed such a sigh of relief. Next came the really pleasurable part, filling the bag with French themed goodies. Now, I have always admired tussie mussies, and I really wanted to have a go at making one. This was the opportunity I had been waiting for. Here is my French themed Tussie Mussie -

Another first, I finally got to use my German glass glitter, which I had ordered from the States! I filled the little cone with some vintage French ticking fabric and the cutest little sewing thread spool -

I wanted to make her a card as well, of course. I used an image from one of my beloved old books, which was perfect for the occasion I thought -


Had to include some French lace of course, some wound onto perfumed old dolly pegs and some onto French themed little tags

I had fun making a few small little envelopes, and filling them with tiny little treasures -

I decorated two little match boxes and filled them with buttons and little trimmings -

Whats next? This little pin cushion, made with one of those little baking forms I brought back from France in the summer -

A little cushion with a lovely French graphic, which came from a magazine the very lovely Floss gifted me last year -

A plain little heart, made with one of my favourite antique French ticking fabrics, ahh, those red stripes -

And then I chose some little French bits and pieces, which I had picked up at French vide greniers. An old religious book, with beautifully aged pages -

A Limoges cup -

Some vintage French ephemera -

And that pretty much filled the bag! I had so much fun and excitement, getting everything together for this swap and I can't thank Alexandra enough for suggesting it. Do have a look at her two blogs, her taste is exquisite and she produces the most beautiful treasures -
http://cottage-dreams.blogspot.com/ and http://xelasart.blogspot.com/

Of course I will you show you Alexandra's swap package to me as soon as it arrives!

Toodlepip xxx

30 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

As the recipient of one of your giveaway packages I know what a lot of lovely things you manage to pack in. I am sure your swap partner will be thrilled with all those lovely things - how ever did you manage to pack them all securely for the post?

JAne

Viola said...

Hi Liz, einfach Wahnsinn!! Da hast Du Alexandra aber verwöhnt! So tolle Sachen, ich bin total begeistert! Alles super, super schön!! Drücke Dir die Daumen, dass Dein Päckchen auch bald ankommt! Noch einen schönen Abend und viele liebe Grüße! :-)

A garden just outside Venice said...

This is certainly the most wonderful swap package put together in Blogland! Well done you Madame Liz!
xxx

Elizabethd said...

Having been your swap partner once before, I know what exquisite taste you have. I'm sure Alexandra will be over the moon!

Dorthe said...

Oh Liz,
you have filled this beautifull bag, with so many wonderfull goodies, I love all of them, -the tussie and card are soooo lovely,dear-and all items, just to dream for-
Alexandra must be very,very happy with this gorgeus swap-packet.
I cross my fingers, that yours will soon be there--I know Alexandra, do make the most beautifull things, just like you.
Big hug, and -guter sonntag abend.
Dorthe

Tina said...

That´s an awesome swap Liz. You have done a great job with the bag. And everything you have filled it with is wonderful. So many goodies and wonderful creations. Can´t wait to see what you receive.
xo Tina

Salma said...

hello there :)

i just found your blog via another one and i'm very happy to be your #200-reader :)

i just took a quick look at your pictures and i love them!

regards,
salma

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

OMG!!! That is all absolutely divine dear Lizzie! You have been so busy with this swap and you must have put many hours into it. You made such beautiful gifts that anyone would be over the moon to receive. I'd say there are plenty of envious people reading this post right now. Love the tussie mussie very much, but then I love all the other bits so much too. Lovely parcel!

Joy said...

Blooming gorgeous Liz. Totally awesome in fact. Hmpf, jealous.

Alexandra said...

Liz I never got so a wonderful packet with so much lovely and stunning arts, pieces and little things. I love everything in it! You are the best! Thank you very much for this wonderful SWAP.

Hugs Alexandra

Debby said...

What wonderful gifts that you gave your swap partner. I love these swaps. I am excited to see what you receive.

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Liz,
WOW, what a wonderful swap!!!
Just saw all the beautiful treasures you sent on Alexadras blog. GORGEOUS! Hope your package
arrives soon.Have a great week.
Hugs,
Marie

Serenata said...

Well what can I say? I am stunned at how gorgeous all these treasures are and how beautiful the bag is. Alexandra is a very lucky lady!

Debra said...

What a wonderful array of goodies! You did a perfect job on that bag, I love the red striped ticking.

Anonymous said...

Liz, this is all so special! And the care that you took when you created each piece...just lovely and full of details! And what a lucky Alexandra!
Hugs to you both!
Diane

Boxwood Cottage said...

Oh what a beautiful swap! You did a great job Liz! I especially love that gorgeous bag! Lucky Alexandra!
Can't wait to see what she sent you!
Warmest wishes
Carola

Karen said...

You! OMG you SPOILED her! I'll bet she was drooling oodles when she opened it all up! Like Christmas!
Everything is just yummy and you went to such detail on all of it!
I can't wait to see what you get!!!!!!
HUGS! Karen

Catlyn Berry (Cizz) said...

Oh my goodness! I love the bag!!! I love everything you put in that bag too! Lucky, Lucky Alexandra!

Hugs'
Catlyn

p.s. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and joining the giveaway!

My Creative House said...

Liz so many wonderful things you made, the little bag is very beautiful, and also nice things you have sent to your swap partner, I'm sure she'll love it all.
Hugs Anni

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Liz (Lulu),
Wow! You did a wonderful job on the bag. I love the fabric. And ALL the goodies! Oh my! She has to be thrilled! Just beautiful, all of it!
And by the way, I received the french Bingo cards in the mail today! They are fantastic! I can't wait to use them...
Blessings to you,
Sonya

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Liz,
Oh how wonderful. She had to be over the top excited with your beautiful creations. You did an amazing job with the bag. Love the ticking and all the goodies you made to fill the bag. Like Christmas hit early. Love it all.
Great pics too.
You are so talented and so glad it all arrived in good order and timely. I hope your gift arrives soon too.

Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment. Have a wonderful week.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Lynn Stevens said...

Now those are some great swap pieces!

Thanks for entering my giveaway and best of luck!
hugs Lynn

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

What gorgeous things you sent!

Victoria xx

Rebecca said...

Hello!
Oh what wonderful treasures you made, I am having a hard time choosing which I love more. I have many of those baking tins and haven't been able to think of what to do, your ideas was a great one. I love your cones also. And of course all the images you used. It is all very beautiful, she will be thrilled
Blessings
Rebecca

chateau de fleurs said...

what sweet treasures you make, love them all! thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! Christie

Croap Queen said...

They all look fabulous Liz. I saw the sneak previews and they looked good then, but with all the other stuff added - she must be thrilled!
Clever old bat you are, aren't you?
JJ x

Rustique Gal said...

Boy you know how to fill a (lovely)bag! Sweet things, all of them. What a nice swap gift to be receiving!
Sherry

LiLi M. said...

You did great! I think this is so inspiring. Cannot wait to see what Alexandra has sent you!

Mari said...

HELLO LIZ,

WHAT AN AMAZING SWAP, SUCH BEAUTIES YOU HAVE GIVEN YOUR SWAP PARTNER :)

XO~MARI

Home and Heart said...

Yummy yummy yummy!!!! Everything is DIVINE!! I especially love the fabric crafts!