Monday 14 February 2011

Every Inchie Monday Challenge - Fishy

I know, it is quite amazing, I actually managed to get the Every Inchie Monday challenge ready....... on a Monday! Don't ask me how that happened, lol. I think it must be the sunshine, yes you read that right, SUNSHINE, we are having today. It makes such a wonderful change.

The theme this week was "fishy". My star sign is Pisces, so that was my first thought for the inchie, but somehow I didn't really fancy that very much. As I was looking out of the window, I was struck by how golden the sunlight looked on the building opposite my window. And it wasn't the greatest leap from that golden light to Goldfish and from Goldfish to scales. So I got a couple of things together, Cosmic Shimmer Mist, one appropriately called Golden Fish, and a pair of fancy edged scissors -


Such lovely bright colours in the sunlight, yay!

First, I sprayed a piece of card with the shimmer mist, cut out thin strips of scales, and glued them to the inchie -


Cutting out tiny little images takes ages! But I thought this little fish with its lovely floaty fins would be a nice addition to the inchie. A little "Goldfish" label, and that was it, my shimmery shiny fishy inchie was done -




I photographed the inchie on some beautifully tactile pieces of driftwood, which my dear friend Dorthe had sent me a while ago. Thats it, can't really say much more about a teeny little thing like this.


Must go and visit some more OWOH posts before its too late! Toodlepip xxx

26 comments:

Kris said...

love this! great patience you have in cutting. Truly unique fishy!

Rebecca Nelson said...

Girlfriend....YOU ARE AMAZING! YOU ARE! OMGOSH! Such patience!

Happy Valentine's Day.

xoRebecca

shabbyfufu said...

Thanks for popping over this morning.....Happy Valentines Day to you! xo from sunny Florida~ Janet

Alexandra said...

Du bringst mich schon wieder auf fischige Ideen meine Liebe :) Tolles Inchie Liz!
Und zu OWOH sollte ich auch mal wieder es gäbe da noch soooo viele Blogs wo ich noch nicht vorbeigeschaut habe *stöhn*
Schönen Abend wünsche ich dir
liebe Grüße Alexandra

Karen said...

HI there!
My sons used to have angel fishes. They are so pretty, but never put two together!!!! UGH!
I never did begin my inchies. :( I am sad. Not enough hours in the day.
But I'm taking this time while the repairman is here working on my fridge (for the 3rd time) to pop over and wish you a Happy Valentines Day!
I miss you!
Love and hugs! Karen

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Liz,
Congrats, you won second place in my givewaway drawing! Please send me your address and I will send your creamic heart gift shortly. The drawing post is up and come by to see your name pulled from the Pink Cowgirl Hat!!

Love your inchie design. So creative you are and always amazing!
I'm Pisces too!

Happy Valentine's Day
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Joanne Huffman said...

Your glittering scales are lovely and your goldfish is the perfect fish image for your inchie. Very cool.

Dorthe said...

Uhhh Liz,
it is lovely-your little fish looks so sweet-and the cut out panels are wonderfull .
a gorgeus inchie, dear friend.
I`m happy it could swim in its real "home" with the driftwood.
Warm hug-Dorthe

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Liz,
How fabulous!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!! Sending (((hugs))) your way!
XO

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Liz,
wonderful inchie!! Love that shimmer.Happy Valentine's day.
Hugs,
Marie

Dolores said...

Love the background of the scales. A great interpretation.

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Cooles inchie, Liz! Der schuppige Hintergrund war eine super Idee!
Ganz liebe Gruesse und HUGS,
Julia

Threads of Inspiration said...

I love the scales in the background. This is just great!

E Makes Art said...

This is a fantastic inchie, love the scallops!! And I like the driftwood background that you used. You take wonderful photos! Oh and I was cracking up over the ...ehem.....Indian Chief in your sidebar!

xoEsther

Deborah said...

Lovely! What a great idea to add the scales!

ColourFly said...

Wow, this is fantastic!

Sabine

Anonymous said...

That is SOOOOOO danged cute!!!! I am AWOL from Inchie Monday this week! Oops! :-/

Hugs,
Diane

Croap Queen said...

Clever girl - very effective. You're more than a bit good at this aren't you missus?
JJ x

Peggy Parker said...

Clever and gorgeous! So glad you stopped to see my blog, too!

Crafts a la Mode said...

That inchie looks sturdy. Good work. Linda

Leslie said...

I LOVE your little goldfish inchie....so cute!

Carol said...

I love it. Great interpretation.

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Liz,
I just wanted to come over and say "hi" and hope you're doing well!!!
XO

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hmmm very fishy I'd say LOL.
Love the "scales" absolutely perfect.
Wishes
Lynne

Karen Owen said...

I love this! It all works together so perfectly.

Peggy Parker said...

Liz, I don't know how I missed this, but it is truly wonderful! So well executed!