Monday 26 September 2011

Collages

I spent a few hours today creating a couple of collages. I do so enjoy working with gorgeous old lace, vintage images and lovely little bits and pieces.

I can't get away from soft colours though, I find them so soothing and gentle. So, the first collage is made with neutrals, soft whites, creams and little hints of darker caramel. Vintage sheet music, a sweet old doily, a snippet from a Vintage French Missel, coffee dyed lace motifs, MOP buttons, vintage French seam binding, a tiny antique French key and of course a little bit of sparkle, and there you have it -


I like combining soft blues with the creams and soft whites, so for the second collage I used blue braid, fringing, seam binding, and a gorgeous vintage lace motif over the background sheet music and the rather beautiful doily. Of course, this one had to have one of those darling little French keys as well. See those tiny little blue butterflies in the bottom left corner? They were part of a little paper bag my lovely friend Dorthe sent me ( with a card inside ) last year.


And just because I had so many bits and pieces out on the table, I decided to make a matching tag for this one as well -


Yikes, I just realised that I haven't made my inchie for Every Inchie Monday yet........ oops. Hmm, it might have to wait until tomorrow.

Have a lovely day/evening wherever you are, toodlepip xxx

26 comments:

Caroline said...

Just stunning... love the colours scheme!

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Every little embelishment is so beautiful. I love the lace flowers and the gems, but the key looks so beautiful as well.
Good luck with the inchie.

Yitte said...

Your collages are so beautiful. I like the colors you used. Especially the one with the blues catches my eye. Very very beautiful!!
Xoxoxo
Yvonne

Lenet said...

ooow they are absolute stunners!! Love them..

marie said...

Beautiful collages ~ I love the soft colors you used on them!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today...and for your kind comment about my pumpkin. Check out the link to the inspiration if you have a chance - Becky shares the most wonderful things on her blog. Recently she posted about some orange velvet pumpkins...amazing!!

Marigold Jam said...

So beautiful!

Salma said...

oh wie schön das alles aussieht! ich finds ja faszinierend, was für eine geduld du da hast... all die kleinen teilchen - da fehlt mir leider die feinmotorik ;-)

dein pink dress von samstag ist übrigens UNGLAUBLICH!!! soooo schön!!! *seufz*

ich schick dir ganz liebe grüße
salma

A garden just outside Venice said...

Evening Lizzie! The blue one is amazing, so delicate and detailed!
xxx

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Beautiful collages!
enJOY a lovely week,
Kimberly

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Beautiful collages! I love subtle colors!
Kelly

Lorraine said...

Both turned out beautiful. I must admit, there is something about the cream/beige tones that blend beautifully with soft blues...

Jean Franks Beck said...

These are both stunning!! Vintage creams and ivories are my favorite. I especially love how the doily frames the girl's head in the top one - she looks like an angel!

Lucy said...

Beautiful colour palette!
Hugs Lucy

Shari Replogle said...

They are both Beautiful collages. I love the colors on both of them. And that the blue has a matching tag!
~Shari

Anonymous said...

Pretty, pretty! And you have some gorgeous supplies to work with! Hmmm....those trips to France are fruitful!!! Wonderful, Liz!

Hugs! Diane

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

WOW... Absolutely Gorgeous !!All that lovely lace and trim!! I adore the touches of blue :)
Jan x

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Liz,
I love your collages. All the beautiful lace you used is just lovely. And the images of the girls are adorable. The touches of blue on the last one is quite pretty. Love Dorthe's little butterflies.
Hugs,
Sonya

JoAnne said...

Beautiful collages! Love the neutrals too!

Barbara Jean said...

all so beautiful!!!

good to get here for a visit.

blessings
barbara jean

Dorthe said...

Hi dear Liz, I love your collages, with the little blings, and soft blue accents-they are so adorable,and I`m happy you could use bits of the paper :)
Liz I don`t know if you commented on my blog after you returned home from France- but I see no one from you dear! Could it be blogger again ??
I`m in Copenhagen visiting Mathilde and her family :)
back home again tomorrow.
HUGS, Dorthe

My Creative House said...

Dear Liz, your new collages are both so wonderful done, love the images af the sweet girls, the blue colors looks fantastic together with the white.
Hugs Anni

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Both of your collages turned out just beautiful, Liz!
Have a wonderful day :-)!
xoxo,
Julia

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Absolutely gorgeous,dear Liz!!
Hugs,
Marie

Gisèle said...

Lulu, both collages are absolutely gorgeous; love all your little detailing. And the colors chosen are sheer perfection...I think I will just sit back and have a nice long visit with you; it feels like home..
xoxoox G.

Mom E. said...

These are so beautiful Liz!
Hope you have fun....maybe tomorrow I might mak some kind of tag....will have to see.....Iwill send pictures!

Roosterhead Designs said...

Gorgeous Liz! Ohh I'm so glad I found these gems~ Beautiful collages, and the matching tag is so sweet! I am inspired and encouraged to create! : )Love how you create with lace and seam binding. Your work is so lovely Liz - happy I found this post ~Karen O