Monday 7 November 2011

I have started!

Yep, I did kinda surprise myself as well, but I have started on Christmas stuff. In a fairly gentle way, lol, nothing too big, complicated or time consuming yet. Just some Christmas Tags. But before I show you the tags I made yesterday, I want to show you something which arrived in the post on Saturday.

I was thrilled to bits when I found out that I had won one of Laura's absolutely stunning ATCs during her month long October Trick or Treat event on her blog Artfully Musing. She really is the most incredible artist, have a look at her blog, and you will be absolutely gobsmacked by her creations, and not just ATCs.

This is the fab Halloween ATC I received -





Even the back is so beautifully done -


Pretty darned good ATC, don't you think?

And here are some of the tags I made yesterday. Three in fairly neutral, muted colours -





And a couple with bright colour accents, Christmas colours, of course, ruby reds and forest greens -


The green one -

The red one -

I'd love to hear which one is your favourite.

Thats all, folks, gotta get back to making more tags :-). Toodlepip xxx

16 comments:

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Adore your christmas tags Liz!! Just Love your 'shabby' style...They are all gorgeous, but if I had to pick one to be my fave it would be the one with the little crown charm.
Now, really must start making some christmas 'stuff' myself!!
Oh and the Halloween ATC that you won is fabulous too.. Lucky you!!
Jan x

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Wow it's been a while! I see you are still winning nice goodies, nothing's changed there. Loving your new tags. Cute idea to add the charms to the lace. My fav would definitely be the one with red bling. It screamed out to me! Enjoy your evening!!

My Creative House said...

Liz you have made some wonderful christmas tags, love the blin and images, Laura's ATC is fantastic, lucky you, about my finds in the Second-Hand shop, they got them from a lady the same day, and I bought them all, lucky me.
Hugs Anni

Sonya Badgley said...

ALL of them are truly lovely, Liz! But I think I especially the one that says "gentle". Very inspiring!

Congratulations on your win from Laura! It is gorgeous! It's so fun to win, isn't it? :)
Hugs,
Sonya

Anneke said...

your christmas tags are so precious looking, and love the pretty details you have added on them.
and what a lovely gift you have received.
the beads are great .

WW said...

I love reading your blog and seeing what great art you have done. I especially love all the details you put on your tags and hope someday my art can be as beautiful as yours.
I love the green Christmas tag with the cute little stone on the bottom.

Angela Richardson said...

I love the red tag. The little girl looks so cosy in her muff!!
Hugs, Angela.

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi Liz
Just love your tags - you are so gifted making these! Love "Gentle" and the Mother and Child one. Love the spiritual theme actually!
That pink one from Dian's kit is so beautiful also. What prey tell is a tag"kit" - you can tell I'm not much into making these but perhaps I should!
Those old rose page images are so very beautiful too!
Love and hugs my friend,
Suzy

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi dear Liz,
your christmas tags are wonderful!! Love them all but the gentle one touches my heart:)
Congrats on your beautiful win.
Hugs,
Marie

A garden just outside Venice said...

Hi Lizzie, just back from a long break, it's always lovely to admire your beautiful artwork!
Hugs,
Michela xxx

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh what a fabulous tag you one--it is spectacular--and so detailed!

And I ADORE your Christmas tags!!! WOW, they're are exquisite!!!
XO
Cindy

Cindy Adkins said...

I'd love to feature them on the Shabby Girl's Club...
let me know if I can! xo Cin

Dorthe said...

Dear Liz, I adore your tags, all of them- and the red tag, is so beautifully Victorian ,I think-
you made so much beauty.
Hugs,Dorthe

Anonymous said...

Two words to describe both of your themes: pretty and fun!!

Hugs, Diane

Lynn Stevens said...

Your tags are just heavenly my dear! heavenly!
hugs lynn

Mom E. said...

I LOVE the Red one, Liz!!!
Lanette