Wednesday 13 June 2012

A gift so perfect for White Wednesday

I did promise you yesterday that I would have some gorgeous eye candy for you. I almost posted the photos yesterday, because I was so excited about this, but as it is such a perfect something for White Wednesday, I told myself to be sensible and save it for today. Me sensible, lol, that a novel concept. But just this once I listened to myself. This is what I was saving for White Wednesday -




I received the most gorgeous gift from my textile artist heroine Suzy, of SuziQu's Threadworks. I know you all know her and her absolutely stunning work. So you can imagine how thrilled I was to receive a package from her. I had an idea of what it contained, as she had mercilessly teased me with it on skype while I was still in France. But, no photos or videos can do justice to something so beautiful and tactile. She had made me a beautiful keepsake , in her truly unique style. Words are never enough to describe her work, so I just show you the photos of the keepsake and the equally gorgeous tag she also sent.


The tag -







The keepsake -





The inside -

The back -



I can almost see one or two of you drooling over the keepsake and tag, lol.


But that wasn't all this dear friend sent. She also included some bits and pieces for me to work with, and they are fabulous. One of these days, I will have the courage to attempt a fabric journal inspired by Suzy and then these beautiful things will be part of that -







Gorgeous or what? Now I just have to find the courage and the time to use these beautiful things.


I am joining Kathleen at Faded Charm for the 156th White Wednesday.


Toodlepip xxx

6 comments:

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Oh, you have me drooling dear Liz:)
Dear Suzy spoiled you big time.Love the gorgeous keepsake and everything else she sent you.Enjoy and happy WW to you.
Hugs,
Marie

Erika said...

You are very right, this is gorgeous, I love it, thank you very much for sharing.

Dorthe said...

Liz, oh you dear ,such gorgeous and beautiful gifts from our sweet Suzy.
They are truly stunning,-both tag and keepsake is so very wonderful, I love her fantastic work,too, and all the gorgeous materials. Now you just go ahead my friend,creating a new beautiful piece with some of those amazing materials.
Hugs and love,Dorthe

Createology said...

Hello. I couldn't find your email so I shall say Thank You so very much for your ATC I received in Kimberly's "Sew Many Flowers" swap. I always admire your creative art and now I have a piece. Lovely! Thank you "Sew Very Much". Blissful Creating...

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Liz,
Oh my goodness, Suzy truly is an outstanding artist, isn't she? Your tag, keepsake and all the goodies are amazing! Her attention to detail is unbelievable. Congratulations to you for receiving such special gifts from a dear, generous friend.
Hugs,
sonya

tisanjosh said...

The term luxury makes us confuse and we assume it as expensive. Your post is an excellent example of a luxury but not expensive packaging. I loved it. Contract Packaging