Friday 13 July 2012

La Belle France

Yep, here I am again in La Belle France, at our sweet little cottage on top of the hill. We arrived on Tuesday. We had only been away for a month, but oh boy, did I get a shock when we got to the cottage - the acacia trees, which had been pollarded last year, had thrown up suckers everywhere and there were mini trees growing all over the garden. NOT what we wanted to see. It is just about impossible to get rid of the little rascals, all we can do is keep mowing them down as soon as they spring up. Unless of course we want to dig up the whole garden and take out all the roots. I couldn't believe how aggressively these things grow, you know, even the cut logs, LOGS!, were sprouting new stuff. But for now all the little ones are mowed down and we can move around in the garden again. Most of the veggies survived, we have had radishes, mange tout, lettuce, peas and green beans from the garden, the courgettes are growing, as are the beetroot, the only things which really suffered are the tomato plants. They got ruined in that horrible hail storm a couple of weeks ago.


We have been so busy clearing up the garden, I haven't had time to visit anybody's blog or answer emails, bad bad me. But now I have dug out the laptop, plugged everything in, and I am ready to go. Sort of, lol. Haven't got any France pics to show you yet, for today you will have to make do with pics of tags. Yep, more tags. 


I made a whole bunch of tags to go with Etsy orders, here are some of them -










I made these tags a while ago, but I don't think I have shown them before. If I have, well, blame it on old age -



I also made some of this month's tags for the Tag Tuesday challenges before we left for France, including this week's SWIMMING challenge. When we were kids, my brothers and I used to spend almost every day  at the lido. I have very fond memories of those days, so a Lido tag seemed the obvious choice -




I haven't even gotten round to unpacking my suitcase full of craft supplies, isn't that just terrible? I must head over to my craftavan this weekend and get unpacked and crafting as well. But one thing I did manage was go to a vide grenier, woohoo! During the summer we have a series of Thursday evening vide greniers in our area, in different villages within half hour's drive. And I did manage to find a couple of lovely new treasures at yesterday's. If the weather improves tomorrow ( today it is very drizzly ), I'll take photos and show you.


Must go and try and answer some of  your lovely emails now.  Big hugs to you from France, toodlepip xxx




Oh, I still have time to link this post to the wonderful White Wednesday linky party over at the Faded Charm blog. Great. If you have time, go visit and marvel at lots and lots of lovely whiteness.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your tags are stunning! I adore the images and the trimmings. I've slowly been working on tags but it's taking me forever:)

Have a wonderful weekend.

xo, abby

Kate Yetter said...

These tags are gorgeous! I love the images and background! Such a lovely work of art.
Kate

Lace hearts said...

What beautiful tags - they really are stunning. It sounds as if you've been busy, and what a shock about the acacia trees sprouting all over. I think it's impressive you've squeezed in time for a blog post! I've been rushing as well, and am only just getting back to you about the elderflower syrup - you were right! That's exactly what the mix was. Not my cup of tea though (so to speak!).

Anonymous said...

I am over the top inspired by your creations! They are so romantic! Stunning! Two creative thumbs up.



Ciao Bella
Creative Carmelina

Dorthe said...

Hi dear Liz,
I never gets tired seeing your stunning tags,-they are ever so beautiful, in their douce colours and lovely laces. I adore the ones I`m having here in my rooms :-)
I can imagine you had lots to do after all the rain in France, and those trees sounds NOT friendly...
Your LIDO tag is a real 50`ty tag- love it.
Happy vide grenier looking this week-end.
Hugs from me.
xxx,Dorthe
Hope you got my mail?

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz
Divine tags - these are tags to swoon over with the exquisite trims, etc and then the fun, vintage bathing belle.
Wishes
Lynne

Mom E. said...

Liz,
I LOVE my tag! Thank you so much! and the items I bought are exactly what I wanted! Except for the one i forgot to order! LOLOL I can see I need to make some tags...I need a tag tutorial...maybe I can just be brave and try one myself? I think I can go out on that limb! and not fall.....
Lanette

Queenie Believe said...

I love, Love, LOVE the tag with the girl at the sewing machine!!!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Alexandra said...

Da bist du wieder in dem schönen Frankreich meine Liebe. Ich hoffe du hast schönes Wetter wir haben hier keinen richtigen Sommer :O Süße ich brauch immernoch deine Adresse von Frankreich ich habe dich nicht vergessen.
Tolle Tags hast du wieder gemacht. Die sind alle wunderschön geworden!
Ich wünsche dir was.
Hugs + knuddels Alexandra

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to France. Tomorrow Vive La France!
You made such a lovely tags!

Love Janny

Createology said...

Your tags are lovely and such a generous addition to an etsy purchase. A cottage in France...Oh La La! I can only dream of something so divine. Enjoy your stay...

Martina said...

Exceptionally beautiful and artistic tags, dear Liz! Really terrific!

Have a nice weekend.
Wishes MARTINA oxo

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love your tags and the beautiful lace trim you added. Sounds like you have some catching up to do around the cottage...sounds like so much fun though and so charming!!

Vicki Boster said...

Oh to be in a little cottage in France that sits on top of a little hill-- doing anything!! I'd gladly clean up your yard!!
Enjoy YOUR special place dear Liz!!
Xoxo
Vicki

My Creative House said...

Dear Liz as always your tags are so beautifully made, love the vintage images you use, Liz I got the carry handles friday, love them, thanks for the beautiful tag and buttons, hope you are having some lovely days in france.
Hugs Anni