Wednesday 29 August 2012

A Whiter Shade of Pale

When I was thinking about a title for this post, the old Procol Harum song, A Whiter Shade of Pale, popped into my head. And I now I can't get it out of there, lol. Ah well, its a good tune, so I don't mind really.

I promised you two White Wednesday ago, that after all the French lace posts, I would post something totally unlacy, unfabricy and unbuttony.  Still lovely old shabby brocante finds though.  Lets see whether you can guess what these things are. 

Lets start fairly easy -




I think these little whatsits would look so sweet on a dinner table, next to each plate, with a small white blossom in it. Or in the studio, filled with little oddities.

Getting difficult now -







I am linking the post to WHITE WEDNESDAY NO. 167 at the wonderful FADED CHARM blog. Thanks to Kathleen for enabling us to check out so much gorgeous whiteness.

Tomorrow, I'll post pics of the prayer flag I made for a swap with Jan, so JAN, DON'T PEEK!!!

Toodlepip xxx

11 comments:

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

These are really neat items. I have no idea what they are. The round vessels remind me of little paint pots. The lower items remind me of old tube and post wiring parts. I think they each would look great grouped together under glass as art. You do find the most interesting stuff!

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

I am perplexed. Two wild guesses, the first look like itty bitty cactus pots, and the second remind me of floor protectors, something you would use under the legs of furniture, they look like pottery, so that really is a wild guess. I love the color and age of both.
enJOY a lovely evening,
Kimberly

Rebecca Nelson said...

Love that song title. I'm going to steal it from you! :) teee heeee

My guess..Chinese salt pots and wheels!

I LOVE ALL YOU DO! You are a creative QUEEN (or princess!)...

xoRebecca

Barbara Jean said...

i have no clue what the second batch is, but the are so very cute!!

fun post sweetie

blessings
barb

Dorthe said...

My dear Liz,
I have never seen such little sweet things ,and don`t know at all what they are- also have no real ideas...
but I love Jennifers idea- putting some under a glass dome -
They looks very decorative in your basket as well.
Hugs-Dorthe

Pat C. said...

Boy, I am stumped! The only thing I could come up with for the first group would be little tiny pots for plant cuttings (similar to Kimberly's cactus planter idea!)!

xoxo

Rhonda said...

Doesn't matter to me what they are, if I had seen them, I would want them. LOL

Ah, the joy of being a collector.

Procol Harum, now that's aging us. Wow, I hadn't thought of that song in a very long time. I can hear the organ now. The 70's are a blur to me now...crazy era.

My Creative House said...

This is difficult Liz, the first ones is small pots, for something, I don't know what it could be, the next, perhaps small lids for the little pots,whatever they are for, they are very beautiful.
Hugs Anni

Lynn Stevens said...

Such cute little pots, yes a single little flower in each one would be precious!
hugs Lynn

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

they are both great finds.........
love them! I think the first ones could be what they call salt cellars.
They put them on the table with salt in them, and people just pinch the salt and dribble it on their food, not sure if they use them for pepper or not! Liked your idea
about putting the flowers in them,
you could also use them for butter or cocktail or dipping sauce of some kind.
The 2nd ones, not sure what it could be,but think if a lemon or lime half might just fit in there, so you could use them if you were having fish or something,
at first I thought they looked like a butter press, cause I thought it was like a pot with a lid on it, but then realized it was just all one piece.
Loved this mystery........
would love to know what in the world they are.........but who cares cause they are way cool....
blessings, Nellie