Thursday 16 August 2012

Altered French Chocolate Box

You might remember that a little while ago, I found some lovely vintage fabric covered chocolate boxes at a brocante ( you can see them here ). Of course, those are just beautiful as they are and I wouldn't mess around with them. But I also bought a third one, which was covered in paper instead of fabric. And that paper was torn, missing bits and pretty ugly. The basic structure though was exactly the same, with the same beautiful gold edged bottom, so I decided to prettify it. 

I covered the inside with pages of a hundred year old French dictionary and some music paper. I used some vintage fabric to cover the lid. The focal point just had to be the gorgeous little lace doily I showed you on yesterday's White Wednesday post. A few flowers, leaves and MOP buttons and a piece of sturdy lace as a contrast to the very fine doily lace, and the lid was done -








But of course, an empty box is just not good enough, so I decided to fill it with a few bits and pieces as well. So much nicer to look at when you open the lid. 







I might just have to look out for some more torn paper covered chocolate boxes, I thoroughly enjoyed altering this one.

Toodlepip xxx

18 comments:

morkaren said...

Smuk og hurtig udøvelse af noget af gårdagens fund, det er blevet en dejlig lille æske. knus morkaren.

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! It makes me want to go alter some old boxes too, then fill them with lovely treasures. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous! Love the laces and delicate flowers. I love how you filled the boxes!
Kate

JansArtyJunk said...

Simply Gorgeous!! Beautifully embellished...and the treasures inside are better than choccies anyday!!

Queenie Believe said...

Wow, this box full of treasure is absolutly beautiful!!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Robin said...

Oh Liz, this is absolutely beautiful! And the lovely treasures you have tucked inside look just as beautiful as the outside :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,
Robin

Alexandra said...

Die Box ist wunderschön geworden meine Liebe und so genial gefüllt!!!
Ich wünsche dir ein sonniges WE :O
Bei uns ist es soooo heiss
l.G und knuddels und hugs
Alexandra

Rozen van papier said...

Oh I like these lvoely boxes, so nice to make it over!

Have a nice weekend
Regards Janny

Dorthe said...

Liz, my dear, you are a wonderful box alterer-(can I say so?) your altered boxes are alwayes so special and beautiful - I so love mine 2-standing in front of me here :-)
and the one you created yesterday is such a beauty ,too- love all about it and the sweet "belongings" inside it-the stunning doily is amazing.
Love to you and hugs.
xx,Dorthe

Vicki Boster said...

Liz-- this is an incredible and beautiful transformation-- you did a wonderful job in dressing up this already beautiful box!!! It would be a joy to hide little treasures in this beauty--
Vicki

Mom E. said...

Liz,
SO GORGEOUS!
I LOVE THE BOX! Can I buy it from you? LOL I would buy it all, YOU KNOW!
Lanette!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hello my dear Lizzie, I'm sorry for stopping by so late but I somehow had missed that post on GR. Now I saw on someone else's blog that you had posted. The box is so beautiful and a perfect place to store such fabulous treasures.
Have a lovely Sunday :-)!
Big hugs,
Julia

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Liz,
my computer is working again,yay.
Your box came out gorgeous!
Have a lovely Sunday.
Hugs,
Marie

Lynn Stevens said...

Well Liz I'd say you prettified it as pretty as can be!!! Just beautiful down to all the lovely contents!!!
hugs Lynn

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi my sweet Liz
I just love this altered chocolate box and everything inside it too - it all fits so perfectly together and you have used some of your very special lace pieces to create with.
Sending warm sunny blue sky hugs dear friend,
Suzy xox

Catje said...

Beautiful! I keep all kinds of boxes and have plenty of ideas, but I don't know what to do with them IF they turn out great. We're getting short on space! :)

tisanjosh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mom E. said...

Liz, the beautiful box decorations look like a key! and old skeleton key! and items inside are goregeous as well....I am getting organized.....that must mean SOMETHING!