Tuesday 7 August 2012

Last week's brocante finds

Just in case you didn't see enough brocante finds yesterday, here are the photos of last week's little treasures ;-). Some I just have to keep, some will be for sale. 

Again, just in the order I have them in my file, alphabetically :-)

This stunning Art Deco light fixture is amazing. I love the colour, the stylized design, the bubble glass, the shape, the silk thread covered knobs, everything about it -



I bought this sweet little bag together with a gorgeously frothy petticoat. The lady I got them from told me that the petticoat had been worn under a wedding dress. So very 50s! The purse was part of the wedding outfit as well -



Big bellied enamel jug, white with deep blue trim -


Bird scarer, I love the sound it makes, the dogs and I had fun with it - 

A huge book of many editions of the L'Ouvrier, a French 'journal' with so many marvellous illustrations -


This gilded candelabra is just magnificent. It weighs a ton - 


And this, this is just out of this world gorgeous, a magnificent French chandelier. I think they drops are crystal rather than glass, again, this thing is heavy -


And finally, after all these years, I managed to find two antique cheese molds, hurrah -



This little clock stole my heart, it is so sweet. Beautiful gilding around the edges, bevelled glass, the most delightful floral design -


Beautiful old fabrics. Silks, damask, embroidered nets -





The biggest glass flower frog I have ever seen -


Very old clay flower pots, so much nicer than today's plastic ones -

Can you believe it, for years I didn't find any at all, and last week I managed to find another one of these really rare antique jelly jars, woohoo -


Sadly, once again, no lace other than this little box with bits and a few pieces of lace. Mostly machine made early 20th C, and a couple of handmade ones -

A macaron box in the most delicate light pink, fabric top, sweet braid trim, and pink paper, faded and a little marked, but so delightfully French -


Beautiful old religious medals, some silver -

And this is the 1950s wedding petticoat I mentioned earlier! Big and flouncy, still so nice and stiff to hold the shape of the dress, and beautifully embroidered -



Another beautiful madonna plaque with an ornate holy water font. Should the wood be left as is or painted antique white? Decisions, decisions -


I found another roll of beautiful shelf trim! Different design from the last one. I love the richness of the gold against the ivory background -


This sweet little La Parisienne tin is the most amazing shade of blue -


Now, this I think is almost my favourite item from last week. A 1920s, maybe 30s, wallpaper sample book from Paris. So very Art Deco. What a wonderful look at how the Parisiens decorated their homes in that fabulous era.





And lastly, two classy wine tasting cups -


If you have lasted right through this post, then you are probably in need of a cup of coffee or tea right now, lol. I sure am. Thanks for staying with me ;-). 

Must get into my craftavan now. Toodlepip xxx

18 comments:

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

You are one lucky shopper,dear Liz:)Love the tin and the petticoat.Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Marie

Catje said...

Beautiful finds! I did find one "antiques" shop in Italy, but did not find anything to bring home. Crossing my fingers that I'll get a trip to France later this year :)

JuanitaTortilla said...

I lasted to the end of the post and was hoping for more, believe it or not :)

Now, which are you keeping for yourself???

morkaren said...

De gamle stoffer, blonder og det lille ur havde jeg også taget med hjem. knus morkaren.

suziqu's thread works said...

Well Liz I think you have just hit the jackpot once again - I just don't know how you do it dear friend!
Love EVERYTHING! especially that little clock, medals, chandelier and of course, that divine petticoat, bag and all that lace and other fabric.
What fun it must have been gathering all this together!
I'm still drooling over the last finds.
And those cheese molds are fascinating!
Your beetroot dyeing was amazing too just by the way.
Need to catch up soon!
Big warm glowing hugs,
Suzy

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

It looks like you are having way too much fun!
-beautiful finds, enJOY them!
Kimberly

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Can I tag along with you on your treasure hunts? Oh wow, what beautiful pieces you've found. I love them all especially the old wallpaper sample book, the french books, huge glass floral frog, and your lovely lace and fabric. Fabulous!!

Queenie Believe said...

WOW that is the biggest flower frog ever!! What fun! Sooo many beautiful treasures, enjoy!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Bunty said...

Wow, the fabrics and wedding dress are superb. Will any of them wend their way into your shop?

Barbara

deb said...

Such lovely finds!! I adore that little clock too! But all -are devine eye candy!

Thank you so muc for your condolences regarding Baylee. Much appreciated ♥
*hugs*deb

Dorthe said...

Liz, I could have looked all night at your amazing finds- with or without tea,my dear-lol-
That chrystal chandelier,the book, bag,-and fabrics, the macaroon box, all are gorgeous, and every other thing you found so special, also because they are not easily found-and not at all,here.How can you take your eyes away from all this beauty,- I think I would go through it all day, tehehe.
Tomorrow Mathilde will be scanned!
I will write you, when I know something .
Warm hug, and lots of love.
Dorthe

Rhonda said...

A wonderful collection of Frenchness...OH MY...be still my heart!

Angela said...

Wow! you do have an eye for treasures, I love all your great finds.
xoxo,
Angela.

Pat C. said...

What gorgeous finds! xoxo

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Lizzie, Tell me, did you leave anything at the flea market for others to shop, lol? Hopefully your hubby was with you to help you carrying everything home. You found lots of gorgeous things again! I think the wedding purse and the petticoat are my favorites this time but I also love the wine tasting cups and the Parisienne tin very much.
Happy Wednesday :-)!
Big hugs,
Julia

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh my gosh...Its official I'm hopping a plane and coming to France right now! I'll be right over! LOL
What fabulous finds Liz. I'm so green right now! LOL
hugs Lynn

bumble button said...

I love everything you bought! It has been awhile since I came for a visit. Your new header is so pretty and cheerful. Louise

Mom E. said...

I still love that petticoat! and the chandelier, I would LOVE to find one like that here, the shipping would be disastrous! And we would have to rewire it...but that is doable...
Hugs,
betsy