Friday 24 August 2012

My mail man is working hard

He had to come all the way up the hill again this week to bring me another package. And OMG, what a package!!!

Let me explain a little first. Errm. I love fabric journals. Well, I love the idea of fabric journals. The thought of making one scares the pants off me. Never held one in my hands, never made one, but have always hugely admired the fabric journals my bloggy friends have shown on their blogs. Especially Suzy's journals, they are in a class all of their own. Whilst skyping quite a while ago, I mentioned to her that I would like to make one, a mermaid one, as I love the watery blues and greens, and she sent me the most amazing fabrics. Now don't get too excited YET, because this was just before we came to France when I was really busy, and of course I didn't photograph them. DARN.

But, I also mentioned my mermaid fabric journal plans to Julia from Vintage with Laces last week when we were skyping, and she wanted to send me a few bits for my journal as well. And it was her package which arrived this week. Can I say OMG again? When you see what she had sent me, you will understand why it took me absolute ages to unwrap things. The way she wraps and embellishes her gifts is just so beautiful. And boy, did she nail the watery blue green theme I am aiming for! Ok, I'll just shush now and show you the photos, they say it so much better than I can, lol -

The box -






The beautiful tag -


The altered matchboxes filled with goodies -


Gorgeously soft paper pouches filled with fabrics, fabric images and trims -







And once I had taken everything out, I could see the beautiful lining of the box, which is a real treasure in itself -


Aren't these just the most gorgeous blues? I managed to get some photos taken in between thunderstorms. After the heatwave we had a couple of days with one thunderstorm after another.


I tell you something though, the pressure, the pressure!!!! Lol, What if I am not up to the task? What if I make a horrid mess of the journal? I just can't get my head round how to actually construct it. Poor Suzy has tried her best to explain it to me, lol, but I am so much better at WATCHING and learning. Still trying to talk her into making a video which we can buy, tehehehe. This is going to be my major project for when I get back to England.

Gotta get back into the kitchen, we have friends coming over for 'Apero' later on. 

Toodlepip xxx

16 comments:

Dorthe said...

Oh dear Liz,
Julia is the sweetest friend,
and yes she sends the most lovely packed gifts, the packings it self a beautiful gift.
(just like you do my dear)
What a wonderful surprice she made for you,- all in those gorgeous blue/turquise tones, and with matching marks on the outside. The ribbons are beautiful, and so are the fabrics. A gorgeous gift.
And you Liz, will certainly make a very beautiful journal from all those lovely pieces- I`m sure it will be the most magical story from the sea.
Happy evening with your friends, and a great weekend to you.
Smiles, and hugs,Dorthe

Anonymous said...

Liz, we all saying OMG!!!!
A gift straight from Julia's heart, the incredible attention to detail and the exact colours your own heart desired.
Liz, we know you can make that fabric journal and imagine the sense of achievement once you step back and see your own creation.
Wishes
Lynne

Salma said...

now THAT is a package :D

Vicki Boster said...

Liz-- those are beautiful treasures!! I'm not worried about you being up to the task--- it's just what you do---- so very well!

I've got a little mermaid project planned as well-- if I can just find the time to do it!!
Vicki

Robin said...

What a beautiful package full of wonderful beach colors! I'm sure you will have fun creating your journal and using all these lovely pieces. Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Robin

Diana Seal said...

What a great package! Love all the wonderful shades of blue and the little matchboxes are just adorable!

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

It was a lot of fun putting this package together for you, dear Lizzie! I'm glad you like it and I know you'll create a fantastic mermaid journal.
Have a wonderful weekend and good luck for any vide grenier you might visit.
Big hugs,
Julia

Sandies' Patch said...

Cor! That's one humungously beautiful package, never mind a beautiful journal in the making!

I'm one of those folk who dream up uses for the fabrics etc, collect the said fabrics etc, store them then do nothing but admire them from time to time!
Should I NOT hold my breath then for the journal? LOL!
Whatever...ENJOY!

Sandie xx

Gaby Bee said...

WOW, what a wonderful surprise, and so very very generous! I'm sure you will have fun using all these beautiful pieces. I can hardly wait to see your mermaid journal!

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Gaby

Sophie said...

Meine Güte! Mir fehlen die Worte.
Du hast inzwischen so viele wunderschöne Werke eingestellt...
ich bin total begeistert :-)

Liebe Grüße

My Creative House said...

Oh Liz what a stunning package from Julia, now you have to start on a mermaid journal, it is so fun to make books, yes I think we are many there admire Suzy's wonderful books.
Hugs Anni

craftytrog said...

Wow! Such a beautiful & generous gift! Have fun with your journal!
Thanks for your comment on my Artistic Stamper piece, good luck in the draw! Glad I made you smile!
Alison xx

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi Dear liz
Everything Julia has sent you is gorgeous and presented so beautifully for you also with so much attention to detail. She is a sweetheart!
Now I really will have to get serious about a video! Oh my goodness - where to start - just like the journal for you!
Sending cool night hugs to you!
Suzy

Catje said...

Wow! Lucky you!

Lynn Stevens said...

WOW Liz!!! Julia really has spoiled you with all those fabulous goodies and the time she took to wrap each piece is amazing. A gift in itself.
I have no doubt your journal with be a masterpiece and can't wait to see it completed. Have fun playing with all your treasures!
hugs Lynn

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hello Liz,
what a gorgeous package from dear Julia:)Everything is wrapped up so beautifully.Enjoy your tresures.
Big hugs,
Marie