Monday 6 August 2012

Sunday's Brocante finds

This is all a bit arse about face, as the Brits so eloquently call it, lol, I should really post the pics from Thursday evening's vide grenier and Saturday's brocante, but I haven't done them yet! I suppose as yesterday's were still very fresh in my mind, I did those first. 


Here they are -




Of course you want to see details, don't you? Please say yes, lol, because thats what you gonna get. I am going to make it easy on myself and just post them in the order I have them in the file. First up, a couple of brooches, a beautiful little rosary with such tiny beads, it must have been a child's one, a couple of religious medals, a pocket watch and the glass from a large old pocket watch -




Carnival glass. A set of dessert bowls, 1 large and 6 small. I don't like orange normally, but the gorgeous oil on water shimmer of carnival glass I do love -


I adore these freestanding antique crosses. The black paint on this one is flaking off, and I think it would look so beautiful painted in a soft antique white. I am tempted to do that, but perhaps I should leave that and let a future buyer decide for themselves.




Aren't these the dinkiest weird little things? Antique egg strainers, for getting the coddled eggs out of the hot water. They make such a great display hanging from the kitchen shelf -

Talk about weird, lol, these hooks are that alright. The seem to be a combination of drawing pin and tiny hook. I love them! I am going to use some on my shelves in my craft room in England, to hang tags from -


Another great display item for the kitchen, a very vintage measuring cup -


Close up of the medal. Rather unusual and so very pretty and the faceted frame sparkles in the sunlight!



A bunch of old pocket watch cases. Perhaps they will get me into some grungy mixed media projects -


Close up of the beautiful rosary, it is so fine -



Another gorgeous glass salt cellar. We use them all the time, they look so nice on a properly laid French table -


I wish I could show you the amazing shimmer and shine on this huge shell, but the camera just doesn't pick it up properly. The shell and starfish are for our bathroom -




This huge thing had me giggling when I saw it. Is it a bomb? is it a pomander? Nope, according to the vendor, it is a huge spice infuser, used in a big restaurant kitchen to flavour whatever they were cooking without having the spice bits floating about in it. It is big and I LOVE IT !!!




Lovely red and gold vintage tin -


and finally, the prettiest tray with a toile de jouy image. Isn't that just the loveliest oh so French scene? -



That was it, yesterday's treasures, spied, grabbed, haggled for and brought home.


I'll get the other pics ready later. I'll try. Gotta get inchie and tag making as well though. Hmm.


Toodlepip xxx

14 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Hello my dear far away friend,
Oh so many beautiful things you have bought. I love that crucifix just as it is, love the rosary beads, pocket watch cases,the medals and that toile tray is so very pretty. I can just see that in your lovely French kitchen cottage.
Isn't that herb infuser just amazing - never seen anything like that!.
Oh and I think something is missing Liz!!!!! You didn't come home with any lace?????
Thanks for your lovely comment about my Giveaway - you know you just have to be in for a chance and you just never know.
Sending big Wintery Evening hugs from downunder,
Suzy xox

A garden just outside Venice said...

Lol at the bomb!
Happy August Lizzie!
Would it be possible to see on a future post how a properly laid French table is ???! :)
x

morkaren said...

Skønne, skønne ting du der kom hjem med, man skal have næsen med i byen når man går på skattejagt. knus morkaren.

harmony and rosie said...

The tray and the salt/pepper this time for me! Beautiful.
Hope you're having a wonderful summer, I'm guessing you are :)

Karen B. said...

Wow Liz!! Did you ever find some amazing treausres ~ you lucky lady!! Wish I could have been there with you!
hugs
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS finds!! sigh....

Dreaming of Vintage said...

What lovely finds Liz! My favorite is that unusual measuring cup!
Hugs,
Kelly

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi sweet Lizzie, You found so many cooooool things again! The egg strainers are the cutest things and that measuring cup is such a sweet kitchen accessory as well. I love the salt cellar and the spice infuser too. That could maybe work great for a scented potpourri. The pocket watch cases are just wonderful to use in some creations and I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll come up with.
Have a great evening :-)!
Big hugs,
Julia

Dorthe said...

Oh you bussy little bee,
so many things to do even on vacation,I WISH I was as bussy as you visiting great wide greniers-and finding such wonderful and special pieces :-)
Dear Liz, the watch cases are gorgeous,-the cross and rosary, my favorites ,and the toile tray so beautiful.
Are you selling some of those pieces?The "bomb" is fantastic, and such a great thing to hang with the egg strainers in your kitchen.
Sends you sunshine hugs- it is still on our sky- after a rather grey day.
Lots of love from me.
xxx,Dorthe

Rhonda said...

Ooh La La, Liz's French Finds!!
Rusty and old - just the way I like them. Great shopping finds, I especially love the glass measuring cup...very unique.

Tina said...

Great finds Liz - love those pocket watches. they are just awesome - perfect for a project.

JansArtyJunk said...

Wow..fabby finds...loving those grungy watch cases...Will email you again soon about our prayer flag trade...can't wait :)
Jan x

Pat C. said...

What delightful finds! I love everything... can't even pick a favorite!

xoxo

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Great finds,Liz.The watch cases are awesome.
Hugs,
Marie