Thursday 23 August 2012

The lady in white

Once again, I am joining Kathleen for WHITE WEDNESDAY No. 166 at the Faded Charm blog. At the last brocante I went to, I found this white statue of St. Theresa. It is beautiful. I love to touch it because it is so smooth and rounded and tactile, and the stone it is made from is wonderful to touch. I don't know what it is, the stone glitters a little in the sunlight and is softish. Perhaps calcite,hmm. 






I would love to know exactly what it is she is made of, so if you have an idea, do let me know.

It seems that at one point she had been painted, there a tiny remnants of the paint visible, but I have to admit that I much prefer her all white as she is now.

I am editing pics for a post with amazing blue eye candy at the moment. It makes my mouth water just thinking about those glorious shades of blue, those wonderful............. oops, mustn't say anymore, lol. you will have to wait til tomorrow ;-).

Until then, toodlepip xxx

7 comments:

Jennifer Pearson Vanier said...

Your lovely nun is likely a salt figure. I have had a number of them over the years.

Valerie-Jael said...

Just wanted to say thanks for entering my little blog giveaway. You didn't win the main prize, but a little consolation prize. Please see my blog for details! Valerie

Judys Lace Creations said...

What about soap stone? She's a sweet, serene figure.

Queenie Believe said...

Beautiful with an angelic face, lovely!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh so serenely beautiful!
I love her against the bark of that tree!
It is hard to say what it is from just looking at an image - maybe ground marble or some kind of ground stone.
Have a great weekend!
Sending lots of social time hugs,
Suzy

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Your St.Therese is just beautiful,dear Liz.It is hard to tell what it is made off.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,

Marie

Pat C. said...

Oh, she is just lovely! I don't blame you for treasuring her already!

xoxo