Sunday 9 February 2014

Plans, what plans? And Our Beautiful World

We are off to France tomorrow night, and I have so much to do still! I missed a couple of weeks of Tag Tuesday tags, AND, I am not taking any craft stuff with me, so I really would like to make the tags for the next couple of weeks as well. YIKES!!!! We'll see, lol.

AND....... Kimberly announced a new ATC swap yesterday ( see my sidebar ), and I love her swaps, so there was no way I was going to miss it. I spent yesterday evening and this morning getting them ready. It is also Our Beautiful World Sunday, which I thoroughly enjoy, didn't want to miss that one either. It just means that today I am doing a two-in-one post ;-) !

Firstly, this is my photo for today's theme over at Our Beautiful World, DERELICT. I took the photo a couple of years ago whilst out geocaching in France -


Pick up your camera, head out for a little while, and see what you can find in your neighbourhood!

So thats the Our Beautiful World bit of the title. Now to the Plans, what Plans? part. ATCs. When I first thought about the swap, I had planned to use Victorian scrap, music paper, pages of a tiny little pocket dictionary -


Singly, all the bits looked great, together, blah, it didn't do it for me. Somehow it just didn't work. So that plan went down the toilet, lol. I ended up with something totally different, not even remotely like the planned ATCs, but I am very happy with them. 

It all started with this 1896 French ledger paper, which I picked for the background -


I didn't have any old photographs the right size to use on the ATCs and I couldn't bring myself to cut any, so I started looking for vintage ads instead. Thats where this came in, a French magazine from 1909 called Je Sais Tout, which means, I Know Everything. Great title, eh? -


Inside the magazine was a short play, called Les Nuits du Hampton-Club and I loved the drawings of the men. I just had to use them on the ATCs. All that remained then was to find a few other bits to put on, a couple of weird and wonderful ads from the same magazine, old stamps, little rosettes made with vintage music paper, that was about it-







Couldn't be more different from what I had planned originally.

I wish you all a really lovely Sunday, enjoy it wherever you are, and thank you so much for stopping by and reading this post. 

Toodlepip xxx

14 comments:

Lili Sulastri said...

Awesome building. Lovely ATCs. Enjoy your trip. Do take care and be safe.

Rita C at Panoply said...

I love it! The countryside photo, the ATCs and the phrase "je sais tout!"
Have a great time in France!

May said...

Love the photo... you never know what you come across on your walk abouts...Your ATC's are fantastic.... Love them... Have a fabulous time in France... see you soon... Hugs May x x x

Rhonda said...

First of all, have a safe journey to France. I will be thinking of you there!

Secondly, I adore your atc tags and how you got there. Sometimes the best plans need to unravel to something just as wonderful.

xo Rhonda

Mom E. said...

I love the tags! Those funny Gentlemen!
I love the images you choose, you are so clever,
no matter what you plan, you end up with amazing unique creations.
Your geocaching photo is amazing! Our kids have done geocaching here, but I am sure they don't find any gorgeous buildings like that! I would LOVE to go geocaching in France!
Have a safe trip and a wonderful time, friend!
Hugs,
Betsy

Anni - My Creative Life and Mixed Media Books said...

Hi Liz a very beautiful photo Liz and some really wonderful ATC's, love the vintage paper and images. (Liz read the message I have written for Dorthe on her blog)wish you a nice tour to france.
Anni

Vicki Boster said...

Liz-- you must be SO excited to be going back to your little cottage in France:)

The photo of the old barn is beautiful--

Your little tags are always so clever And cute- you have the most unique ideas for your little tags-

Enjoy your trip!
Love
Vicki

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

The building wood make a pretty little studio and I'd love to have those shutters, sigh.
Your ATCs made me smile, dear Lizzie. They're so funny and just totally adorable!!! Sometimes it's not a bad thing when the original plan doesn't work out.
Have a safe trip to your cottage!
xoxo,
Julia

Ros Crawford said...

Wish I was off to France ... well anywhere really ...
Your photo is fabulous ... a perfect take on the prompt ... Thanks so much for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World ... Have a fun trip

UTKANE Z PASJI said...

Świetna kartka, bardzo ładne motywy, piękny Blog:))

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Perfect photo Liz, and I am in love with those ATC too, thanks for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World!

Sending love from Singapore.

Lisa said...

Liz,
OHmygoodness your in France!! How great is that? You are lucky to live in a place where so much is close. Of course people say that about Texas too. I got your package today and it is amazing! It made me so happy. It's so cold and dreary here and it was like a ray of sunshine:) I am laying every single thing out and taking pictures. You don't do FB huh? I want to show it there. The linen cloth you wrapped the lace in is amazing too. And your lovely tag. You did too much! I'm so happy that I'm not above groveling for old letters. Have a great trip!
Lisa

Robyn Oliver said...

Love the old stone building Liz with the snow covered trees in the back ground...great derelict photo. Cheers and have great time in France

Unknown said...

Such character in that old building and so beautifully framed by those trees!!!!Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Our Beautiful World!