Wednesday 18 June 2014

By the Seashore - Our Beautiful World

Racing around like a loonie trying to get everything done before going back to France, I almost forgot to post a pic for this week's theme over at the Our Beautiful World blog.

The theme is By the Seashore, and I knew straight away which photograph I wanted to use. I took it a few years ago when our lovely boy Harry was still with us. The photo is of my DH walking with Harry on the beach at Bexhill. The sun was so bright, my little camera didn't pick up any colours really, turned it into an almost black and white photo, but I loved the unintentional effect -


I used it on the cover of a calendar I made for my DH parents that year, and it is still one of my most favourite photographs.

Toodlepip xxx

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Liz,
I wanted to let you know I received one of your True Blue Sweetheart atc's today.
I love it!
Thanks for playing along.
Kimberly's swaps are always such a pleasure for sure.
Hugs
Michele

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Liz....super photo, isn't it always that some of our 'snapshots' just work out perfectly, lovely that your old friend is in the pic too. Cheers and thanks for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World. Robyn

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Liz....super photo, isn't it always that some of our 'snapshots' just work out perfectly, lovely that your old friend is in the pic too. Cheers and thanks for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World. Robyn

Ros Crawford said...

It's such a beautiful shot and what a clever way to use it too ... A cherished memory ... Thanks so much for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World!!

Cache-Mire said...

I love the streak of light from the sky to the shore. It kind of ties heaven to earth. Great photo with sweet memories. Hugs, Terri

Dorthe said...

And it truly is a gorgeous photo, dear Liz,a fantastic light, and " The man and his dog " stand so clear on the wet sand - what a happy coinsidence.

I wish you a wonderful weekend, returning to France.
Hugs from me.

Maria said...

Wow! What a gorgeous photo! Love the ray of light coming through and the man and dog walking along the beach!

Contagiously Crafty said...

You are right to use this photo- it is precious and special. The lighting is just right and directs the eye to your subject. Great photo and I'm so glad to have found you through Our Beautiful World.

Manuela said...

beautiful beach photo thanks for sharing at "Our Beautiful World"

Skye said...

A lovely photo, it has a nostalic look to it. Fantastic lighting and a wonderful image of a man and his dog

Unknown said...

Liz I think the effect is utterly fantastic!!! Thanks for joining us at Our Beautiful World this week!

Betsy said...

DON'T YOU LVOE WONDERFUL ACCIDENTS? This is a gorgeous picture!
Been very busy and this week is a real crazy one! Talk soon!
hugs,
Betsy