Wednesday 23 July 2014

Remembering White Wednesdays

I do miss the regular White Wednesday linky parties. Without them, I am not very good at remembering to post. But.......... one of my recent brocante finds reminded me!

I found this gorgeous turn of the Century lace and silk top and totally fell in love with it. The very fine silk lining is breaking up in places, but the lace top itself is in such great condition. Can you imagine this on an antique Mademoiselle dress form? I didn't have the energy to drag mine downstairs and into the garden to take pics, and it isn't light enough upstairs in the cottage. So my newly acquired old wicker laundry basket had to do -













We saw the end of the wet and grey weather today, it was back to normal summer sunshine, yay! Perhaps now my tomatoes will finally turn red :-).


Still struggling with all the problems the constant testing on Etsy is throwing up. I only managed to list a handful of new items the other day before I got dumped into another test. AGAIN. Etsy is making life so difficult. I have no idea which one of the many shop versions my customers are seeing, and now that the shipping test has started again, I have no idea whether they can see my shipping charges or not. Maybe I should just stick with my vintageblog, sigh. 

Toodlepip xxx

7 comments:

Betsy said...

What a gorgeous lace blouse!
I LOVE that creamy color and the lace detailing is amazing! I love seeing all you lovely Brocante finds!
hugs,
Betsy

Sarah said...

I am green with envy!!! What a fabulous find.

Rhonda said...

I'm right there with you Liz. I cannot take the testing any longer. I put my shop on vacation but my sweet customers asked that I keep it open a bit longer. I'm so frustrated and trying to let all of my Etsy friends know, they ARE going to change it, one day soon. It's going to happen.

Love your white creamy laces, Liz. Let's try to dwell on good things and forget about Etsy grief.
xo Rhonda

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Your blouse is so, so pretty! I miss white wednesday too! I always think of white in the middle of the week!

Dorthe said...

Dearest Liz,
what a dream find,-to imagine someone wearing this soft silky and lasy piece, OH MY!
And looking on your post below, I could also dream of courgets like yours, the white ones also so beautiful to use in displayes.
I don`t have anu courgettes or pumpkins yet !!
Liz, sorry to not be around much ,.but summerguests are occupying my time, :-) as you know they are twize here this year,...once with dad, and once with mum... coming sunday to stay for 10 dayes !!
I hope you are enjoying summer my friend.
Warm hugs from Dorthe

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beauty!!!!

Pickled jalapeno recipe after I am back from the trip!

janice15 said...

It's really lovely.. with love Janice