Tuesday 17 February 2015

A mixed bag

I am back in the land of the living, sort of, lol, but enough said, no more talk about horrid colds.

I hadn't played over at the Our Beautiful World blog for some time, it seems I only get the camera out for things other than Etsy shop goods and tags when we are in France. This week's theme is ' what light through yonder window breaks ', and yes, of course, it was taken in France, lol, through the kitchen window in our cottage -

A storm was approaching and the sky was turning a very dark grey in the distance, yet our little cottage was still bathed in glorious sunshine. I love that kind of light, just before a storm breaks.

Next, this week's tag for the current challenge over at the Tag Tuesday blog. The theme is TEXT. I think I must have had Spring on my brain, because I used four different Distress Inks in pretty pastel Spring colours for the blended background. I made a stencil with different sized holes and used my favourite metallic ink ( copper ) on it and then printed some handwriting text in black ink here and there. The focal point of the tag is a torn piece of TEXT from a wonderful ( but sadly broken) 1713 Italian book. I edged the tag with a gold ink marker and added a seam binding ribbon-




And last but not least, a few photos, taken recently with my phone,whilst out walking with the dogs in the Firehills, our Country Park right on the cliff tops -



Occasionally, these beautiful shaggy ponies are right up on the cliff tops as well. Hector couldn't care less, lol, but they drive Poppy nuts, so she has to go back on the lead when we get close. I do love these beautiful, their rough coats, their beautiful colour and their big soulful eyes. They are so friendly as well and don't mind the dogs one bit.









Enjoy life, stay warm if it is still winter for you, and stay cool if summer temps are soaring where you are. Toodlepip xxx

11 comments:

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Oh Liz, how dreamy! The storm on the way, that beautiful view and those ponies! How wonderful!

Dorthe said...

Such wonderful photoes of the ponies, and nature, is all this beauty almost outside your door, dear Liz ?
I`m so happy to hear you are almost well again my friend, now it lasted long enough !!!!
The tag is beautiful, in all its simplisity - so lovely painted with the inks. I love it. And the one from your French kitchen is a master piece !!
Love from Dorthe

AppleApricot Wen said...

Oh my, such heavenly places you live in. Both in France and in England. Beautiful photography and such beautiful ponies! Loving your wonderful tag as well. I do hope you'll be cured from this awful cold now for once and for good! Sending you big hugs, xx

Lili Sulastri said...

Stunning pictures. Beautiful scenery.

Unknown said...

The storm on the way, that beautiful view and those ponies

Manuela said...

How wonderful the nature around you looks. Very idyllic!
Thanks for sharing with us at "OBW"

Ros Crawford said...

Oh what beautiful photos!! I'm glad you are feeling better and able to share with us this week at OBW!

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Liz....sighing I'd like to say thank you so much for sharing this wonderful photo with OBW. I love the vibrant colours of the scene viewed through the beautiful dark window frame.

Diana Taylor said...

The photo from your kitchen window is beautiful - I'd never be out of the kitchen if I had a view like that! The tag is so pretty and summery - I love the delicate colouring. Thank you for such a lovely blog post and a little stroll on the cliff top!

Wilma said...

Hello Liz,
Happy for you, you're feeling better again.
What beautiful view from the French kitchen window you have !
The photo's of the ponies are so wonderful. You live in lovely places !!

Hugs, Wilma.

June said...

You live in the most glorious place Liz. I could never see enough of your countryside to suit me. It really is a magical place. I love seeing the darling ponies at the fence.
The view out of your cottage is what my dreams are made of. I too love the light that often times ushers in the storm. I always love seeing what you are creating when I visit too.